Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014 - FIVE!!!!

I can't believe it-- 5 people!!  5 people were at sacrament meeting yesterday!  Holy snot!  I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! :D

About these five people--

Destinee.  Sadly, she wasn't baptized this week.  We sort of saw it coming.  While her mom wanted it this week, her dad didn't want the baptism to happen until the 22nd.  Yup.  The baptism was moved to the 22nd.  But that's okay.  Just the fact that her parents are okay with her getting baptized is enough.  And she's still super excited.  Her faith is incredible to me.  AND!  We were talking to the Ward Mission Leader, Brother McConkie, and he's going to work on bringing the dad and her two brothers back to church!  Awesome, right?!  We could possibly get the whole family back to church!  Or... at least, that's the ideal, right?

Then there's the Halls.  Brittany is a less active, with two kids-- Heather, who is nine; and Joshua, who is eight.  Both Heather and Josh really want to be baptized, and they are loving the lessons so far.  Out of the two, only Heather can be considered an "investigator" (with Josh still being 8, he can't be considered one), but both of the kids and the mom were at church.  Both kids are super sweet, and are totally ready to be baptized; we just have to teach them. :)

And Genevive Clark.  She's 95 years old!  It's crazy.  She just goes to the little sacrament meeting that the old folk home Serenity holds every week, and she's recently been calling us over every once in a while to ask questions.  She says that she's not going to convert or anything, after all, she is 95 years old.  But it's still a blessing to be able to teach her.

MARY WAS AT CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We also started teaching the Hansens the lessons.  Remember Lucy Hansen, who I talked about a few weeks ago?  Well, her daughter hasn't been baptized yet, and is really starting to want to.  But as she hasn't been in primary for a couple of years, we are going to give her, and her mom and sister, the lessons again.  Sadly, she doesn't count as an investigator, as she's 8 as well, but I'm so happy that she's making this choice to be baptized.  And Lucy is really starting to want to come to church again.  She didn't come to church this week, as she had to work, but she did come last week.  We are so happy that we have this opportunity to teach them.

And..... yeah.  Um..... we keep getting referrals.  It's difficult to keep up with them sometimes!  But I'm very grateful for them-- it keeps us busy, and it keeps us ingrained in the work of the Lord.

Anyways, the work is going good.  I am loving this opportunity to serve the Lord, and I cannot believe how much the mission has helped me.  And I just love it.  I love it out here.  I love the work.  I love the people.  And I love this Gospel.  I love it more than I ever thought I would.  And I love the Savior.  Just on these past few weeks alone, I can't tell you how many times I have had to rely on Him, and on the Atonement, which he has provided for us.  I am so grateful for it.  I cannot wait for the day that I can feel the nailprints in his hands and thank him for all that he has done for me.  For I know I could not do this work without him.

I love you all, and Keep your Faith strong.  And thank you for all of the support you have given me.

Love,


Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment