Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014 - ONE YEAR PEOPLES!!!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE being sick?

Well.... now you know.  This week has been a little slow, because I'm trying to shake off another cold, but we worked as hard as we could!  (Well, as hard as I could, to my dismay.  I'm afraid I'm a wee bit of a workaholic when I get working.)

Anyways, Karisma.  So much progression, and yet so much.... frustration?!  I dunno.  Anyways, so we're getting her all prepped for her baptism, so we're having lessons with her twice a week, right?  Well, lesson number 1 this week was the 10 commandments.  Quick, simple, to the point, yeah?  She enjoyed that.  Then we taught her about the Law of Chastity, which was also good.  We talked about the baptismal questions (which she did really good on), and she informed us that she got through the 2nd chapter or First Nephi!  Wahoo!  And then the entire family came for the Ward Christmas Party!  Brother Wood had to play for the party, and he is AMAZING!!!!

But after such an awesome week.....

Karisma didn't show up for church. :(

Oh well, hopefully next week, yeah? :)

We also got to teach Carol again this week.  This time, we taught about the Plan of Salvation.  She actually really likes the idea of the Kingdoms of Glory!  She also appreciates how we use both the Bible and the Book of Mormon to teach.  She still isn't praying about what we teach her though. :(  Hopefully soon.  At least she doesn't disbelieve us.  But the Spirit is really strong.  I love teaching her. :)

Um... yeah.  That's really all of the exciting news this week.  There's not much to report.  Tomorrow is Zone Conference, which we're singing at (again), so that's been taking up a lot of our time too. 

Oh, and so y'all know.... my official one-year mark is THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!  EEEEEKKKKK!!!!  I can't believe I've been out for a whole year!!!!  How exciting is that?!?!?!  I'm so grateful that I've been able to stay out so long, and for all the experiences I have had thus far.  And I can't wait to see what the next 6 1/2 months bring. :)  (Yes, only 6 1/2 more months!!!  how crazy is that?!) 

I love y'all, and I hope you're enjoying your Christmas season!!!  Keep the Faith strong!!!

Love,


Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment