Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015

WHEW!!  What a crazy week! :)  It was great though. :)

On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference, which was really good.  It was sad though, because it was also my last one!  :(  I was able to sing one last time though.  Elders Bjorling and Stanley, Sister Massi, and I sang "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer" to the tune of "Oh My Father", and it was beautiful.  Most of our Zone Conference was on the Sabbath Day, and mostly on the Sacrament, and what it means.  And then at the end of it all, we were actually able to partake of the Sacrament!  President Cannon got permission from the church to have the Sacrament at our Zone Meeting!  It was a really neat experience, one that I'll never have again.  It was a very spiritually enriching meeting.  It was my favorite Zone Conference for sure.

Wednesday was a super good day. :D  We had a good visit with the Hoaglands.  Sort of.  We were reading the scriptures with Sister Hoagland, and the entire time Keenan and Kyle were fighting in the background.  So when we were done reading, we offered to take the two outside to toss a football around.  That ended up really softening Keenan up, and he agreed to think about why he wants to get baptized!  YAY!  ^_^  And then we went to contact a referral, Paul.  And Paul is pretty neat.  He used to be a Chaplin for the Prison, so he's had a lot of contact with members, but wants to understand our doctrine better.  The problem is that he's heard a lot of deep doctrine.  So we're doing a lot of clarifying.  But he was super sweet and nice!  And we get to go visit him next week, and he said that he's going to invite his son to sit in on our discussions!  Whoohoo!

So, we had an interesting experience on Friday.  We went to contact a former investigator, and she was all like "All of you in your church look so sad.  Your focus on having works is keeping you from discovering the true love of Christ" and so on and so forth.  We tried explaining things to her, but she sadly didn't listen, and only made the conversation more confusing.  We left her home, feeling a little frustrated that the only home in two days to let us in had no desire to listen, but we were even more sad that she sat there and was confusing herself on her own belief.

But that's okay, because Saturday was AWESOME!!!!! :D


I WENT BACK TO KUNA AND CAROL ANNE WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me, Sister Paxton, Carol Anne, Sister Hopper, and Sister Nelson

This was SUCH an exciting event!  I can't believe it really happened!!!  It was so exciting. :)  When she came up out of the water, this huge grin came upon her face, and I couldn't help it--I started crying I was so happy for her.  And talking with her afterwards, she was asking if I was going to be able to come up to see her go through the Temple and I was like "Um.... YES!!!"  Wow, she's come so far!  I am so happy for her.  And it was so good to see so many friends there too.  Really, the only thing missing was my family. :)  This is definitely the highlight of my mission.  So far.  It could change.  But for now, Carol Anne's baptism holds a very special place in my heart.  And it always will.  It always will.

Well, that's all for this week.  I love all of you, and I hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Empey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment