Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015 - How to Kill a Companion 101


.... things got a little bit violent this week.  I just couldn't take Sister Stevens anymore.  Sorry I let you down.

Totally kidding.  But Sister Stevens is heading home tomorrow. :(  I've really have enjoyed the past 4 1/2 months with her.  I'm gonna miss her, but we'll see each other again. :)

Needless to say, this week has been crazy.  It feels like the beginning of the week was like, a month ago.

Um..... Monday.  Right.  We taught the Chestnuts about Baptism and Confirmation.  I can't remember how it went though.  And I have no idea what our lesson.... oh!  Just kidding.  Joseph gave the lesson for the FHE about how we are divine Children of our Heavenly Father.  It was a great lesson!  

On Tuesday, we went and saw Carol, mostly just to check in and see how she was doing.  And then we saw Glenda Price that night.  I remember that it was a really good discussion.  I just don't remember what it was about.


Okay, I remember a little more about Wednesday.  I kissed a fish...

This is the Wood's hollowed-out puffer fish.  I have been obsessed with this from the day we walked into their home.  

Anyways, so, we went to the Woods to finish up preparations for Karysma's baptism this week.  As we've been planning for Karysma's baptism, Brother Woods has been ADAMANT on having his brother do the baptism.  We really wanted Brother Woods to do it, because he's a Priest in the Priesthood, but he kept turning the offer down, saying that his brother was more righteous, and would be better for doing the baptism.  BUT!  BUT!!!!!!.......

WHEN WE WENT OVER ON WEDNESDAY HE TOLD US THAT HE HAD TALKED WITH THE BISHOP AND THAT HE WAS GOING TO BAPTIZE KARYSMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow, do you know what kind of news this was to us?!  I was throwing a party in my head!!!!  Of course, I kept myself a little more composed than what was going on in my head.  but it was super exciting to hear that Brother Woods had finally agreed to baptize Karysma. :)

Thursday was interesting as well.  It was Sister Stevens Temple Day, so I spent the day with Sisters Branham and Wasden in the 1st ward in Kuna.  It was fun.  I just don't remember anyone I visited with them.  OH!  Except Wyatt.  I remember him. :)  He's an investigator, and we talked to him about keeping his commitments and putting more form into his prayers.  He was awesome. :)

Friday.  OH, FRIDAY.

We had a combined District Meeting.  It wasn't a zone meeting, even though it might as well have been.  But it was fun, and crazy.

This is how it started off: with Elder Jeans wearing Sister Stevens coat.  He looks surprisingly good in it.  Haha!!

The district meeting itself was nice, and had a wonderful spirit to it.  We talked about Prophets and about what the difference is between Testimonies and Conversion.  It was very nice.  And then Sister Wasden and I sang "Each Life that Touches Ours for Good" for Sister Stevens and Elder Christensen, both who were leaving for home.  They were really touched by it.  I'm glad that I could give that to them.

So, the sad thing was that Sister Gutierrez had to leave for home.  But the good news is that Sister Donner came in!  She became one of my best friends while I was in Kuna.  So I had to get a picture with her and Sister Stevens.  Elder Jeans photo-bombed.

And then Saturday.  SO BUSY.

First off, Transfer Calls.  Ugh.

So, I knew the I would be staying in Kuna, because I had an interview with President.  But I was still worried about the companion part of transfers.  Turns out I got someone super cool for my companion.  I GOT SISTER GRAY AS MY COMPANION, THE COOLEST SAMOAN SISTER IN THE MISSION!!!!  

And then, after having breakfast with our district to discuss our transfer call, we went to Karysma's baptism. :D


Ohmigoodness, look at how adorable they are!!!!!  I'm so proud of both of them!!!!! :D

The baptism went really nice. Brother Wood said the baptismal prayer perfectly, karysma only had to be dunked once, and President and Sister Cannon came to see the baptism!!! :)  I'm so grateful that it went well. :) And not only that, but there were potential investigators at the baptism, including Karysma's mom and brother!  :D  Karysma is amazing.  I'm so proud of her.  It's been amazing to see how much she's grown as she's faithfully committed and kept the Lords commandments.

The rest of Saturday was mostly just saying good bye to people for Sister Stevens.

So, Sunday.  We gained word that Jack, a friend of ours that we met while walking, wanted us to stop by before Sister Stevens left.  Well, it turns out that is wife, Terri, is a less-active member!!!  Crazy, right?!  And they want us to keep visiting!!!!  I'm so happy that they trust us so much with just the one visit.  I can't wait to see how visiting them will be beneficial for them.

Well, that's it for this week!  WHEW.  I'm super excited for this upcoming transfer!  I love y'all, and y'all keep the faith!

Love,

Sister Empey


No comments:

Post a Comment