Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014 - I Love to see the Temple!!!

Oh my goodness!  This week has been great!

We had Family Home Evening again with the Jepsens and Whiteheads.  The Whiteheads apparantly really love having FHE with us there.  And we certainly aren't going to complain.  Last week we did the lesson on trials, and the kids really seemed to soak it up.  Then we played a game in the backyard where we taped words all over the backyard, and then as I read scriptures the kids had to run around and hit the words I read.  It was pretty fun. :)

On Tuesday, we got bored of our room, so we rearranged the furniture.  We have to move it back now (via Sister Lawrence's request), but it was fun.  And nice.  We also taught the Martin Girls about tithing and fasting, and used candy to help teach that.  The girls really enjoyed the lesson-- and the candy!

Thursday was a sick day.  Sister Ketring got some sort of virus, so we ended up just sitting at home all day and just hanging out.

Then I got to go to the Temple on Friday!!!!!  YAY!!!!!  That was so exciting!!!  And I got to go with Sister Clemons, my old MTC companion! :D  I also went with Sister Branham, who's in my district.  It was so neat to be able to go again!  The feelings you have in the temple are unlike any other you experince, just because the Spirit was so strong there. :)  I loved it.  And then we went to President Cannons home afterwards and had dinner and a testimony meeting.  AND HE HAS A SOFT-SERVE ICE CREAM MACHINE!!!!!!  ... yeah... I had a lot of ice cream that night.  But the testimony meeting was amazing.   Just the feeling of the spirit and friendship together was really nice. :)

And then Saturday was the day almost every missionary dreads: TRANSFER CALLS.  Sister Ketring has left for Nampa North, and I'm staying here with Sister Stevens, who is super sweet. :)  I'm excited for this next transfer! :)

Well, that's it for this week really.  Sorry it's so short.  You know how it is.  Transfer days are crazy and my focus is out of whack.

Love you!  Keep the faith!

Love,


Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment