Monday, June 23, 2014

June 22, 2014 - A brain like scrambled eggs

Oh boy.... mom and dad, please don't punish me.... today's email will be really short.  It's currently 4 o'clock and the Family History Center closes at 5.

So.  Transfers.  This week.

I have now been moved to Nampa South (YUS!  Back in the city... sort of.), and my new companions name is Sister Keyser.  (She's from Florida-- another southener!.... minus the accent.)  No picture of her this week.... next week, I promise.  But I get to drive again!  (EEK!!!!)  I don't know how long we'll be driving, as we only get a car since Sister Keyser tore her... ACL (I think?), but we have a car!  Yay!

Wow, never want to email this late ever again... I feel like my brain is fried after today.....

So, last week in Emmett.  Pretty awesome.  If only I could show you the pictures... but I don't have my card reader with me.  (What can I say?  It's been one of those days.)

Monday, we put sticky notes all over Andi Earls truck.  Like I said, I wish I had the picture to show you.  We got all the neighborhood kids to join in on it.  It turned out pretty awesome.

And the rest of the week.... it was pretty much just saying goodbye to people.  We really didn't get to teach any lessons this week, since Mary is taking care of her parents (both of them are currently in poor health.), and Will is out of town..... I'm sad we didn't get to see him before I left.  And Mary was so scattered that we didn't get to really say a proper goodbye.

And... yeah.  Today has been LONG.  Got up at 5:30 so that we could get to the transfer spot in Caldwell at 7:15, said goodbye to Sister Anderson at about 8, just chilled around until 12, got on the transfer van at 12:30 and got to Nampa around 12:50, and then sat around for like, 2 hours until Sister Clegg brought our car back (apparently, it was their car before, so she didn't know the car was being given to us.)

And.... that's it.  That's all I can think of for now.... next weeks email will be better.  I promise.

Anyways, I love all of you, and hope everything is going awesome!

Love,


Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment