Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014 - Birthday Week

GOOOOOOOOOD BEAUTIFUL MORNING!

SO!  Let's just start from the top and work our way down, yeah?  (sorry.... this might be a long one due to pictures...)


Monday was awesome.  We went to the park, played badminton and tennis, and ate food.  It was pretty fun. :)

Sister Earl and her kids were there and she made one of the kids go around and take pictures with my camera.  I certainly wasn't going to complain. :)

So yeah, that's (last) Monday in a nutshell.  It was nice to get out and play.  As it is every Monday.

On Tuesday, we met Ashlee Carpenter.  She lives by Sister Larsen, one of our ward missionaries, and just went up to her and asked if she could take the discussions!  And she wants to be baptized!  When we were talking to her, she told us that she wanted to take our "studies" because she desires to be a part of Christs fold, and have Christ be her Shepard, and is trying to find that "fold".  How awesome is that?!  So we started teaching the first lesson to her, but we've stopped at the Great Apostasy for now.  She's really struggling with the idea of a modern-day prophet, and why we need one.  But she told us that she learns best through literature and music (sound familiar?  Totally up my alley!), so we plan to give her music about what we teach her every week.  She's really sweet, and seems to have a sincere desire to learn.  She was taking notes and asking questions and everything!  It's also a learning experience for me, because she grew up around a lot of Baptists, and isn't afraid to question what we teach her because of her own beliefs.  It's strange to have someone question us so much, but I'm really loving it.  It makes me feel like we're going to make good progress with her. :)  Yeah, love her.  She's super sweet. :)

So..... Wednesday.  My birthday.

Sister Anderson banished me into the bedroom Tuesday night and wouldn't let me out.  I found out why the next morning.

She created a zoo for me.  (Pictures of the animals not included because apparently that would be too many pictures in the email.  Go figure.)

We then went out and weeded for a less-active we met the night before, and then went to Sister Atwoods to have cupcakes, lunch, watched Ephraim's Rescue, and opened presents.  (Sister Anderson got me my favorite pen, some bubbles, a tractor, and a lego set.  My favorite was the lego set.  Probably the best birthday present ever.  What can I say?  I love legos!  And it was a Star Wars lego set!  Can't get much better than that.  Just sayin'.)

After that, we went home to pick up a package that had been left for me.  Mom had ordered me a vase of flowers through one of the ward members!  It was great.

So, went to put them in our bedroom, and the bedroom is full of balloons.  It was interesting to try to maneuver around.

And that's about it for Wednesday.  We went to the McConkies for dinner (chicken fajitas. YUM!)  And at that point, we were so stuffed, we sort of just gave up for the night and turned in after visiting the Dingeldiens (a family of recent converts of about 2 1/2 years.).

Yeah, Wednesday was fun.

Oh!  And I colored my hair red that evening.  What can I say?  I haven't colored my hair in a year, I can't figure out if I'm blonde or brown, I did a good job singing a couple of weeks ago, and hair color was half off at Walgreens.  

ANYWAYS.....

The rest of the week was pretty chill.  Just the usual pop-in and chat kind of stuff.  But Connie Draper was at church this week!  She's a less-active that we've been working with, and she finally came to church so that she can get on her way to go to the temple!  YEAH!  I was SO HAPPY to see her there!  It just ended the week on a good note. :)

Well, I love you all!  Don't ever forget how much the Lord blesses you!

Love,

Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment