Tuesday, April 29, 2014

And they just keep getting younger...

So, we had Stake Conference yesterday.

The Emmett Stake has a new stake president!  After 14+ years of serving in the Stake Presidency, President Walker was finally released!  It was a bitter-sweet Stake Conference.  Everyone really loves President Walker, and he was really active with the youth and getting mission work done here in the area.

And our new stake president?  President Kelsey Peterson from East Valley Ward.  And he is young.

And I'm not kidding.

His oldest kid is 8 years old.  His youngest was just born at the end of February.  He's never been in the bishopric, or on the high council, and he's only been the executive secretary for the old stake president for like.... 4 or 5 months.  But he is an incredible person, and has an enlightening and strong spirit about him.  I remember when we had dinner a few weeks ago with his family, just thinking that we would probably work with him a bit.  I thought that because he asked us to give him a pile of pass-along cards for him, and his family, to pass out.  

Apparently, not so.  Heavenly Father had something bigger in store.

I can't wait to see where he'll take the stake.  He's going to be amazing.

Anyways, as for the rest of the week, it was pretty average I suppose.

So, we started teaching the Babbs family on Thursday.  It was such an awesome lesson!  We taught them about families, and about the Proclamation, and they were both really involved in the conversation!  It helped to have Sis Grover there too.  She sort of just did the work for us.  She was all like "Yeah!  You should read the Proclamation together, and come out for stake conference, and oh!  Date night!  Come help us chaperon a dance for the youth!"  But really, it's a good thing that Sister Grover was there, because it's obvious that the Babbs really trust her.  (I suppose they should-- Bro... President Grover is Will Babb's boss. (Sorry, forgot-- President Grover is the second counselor in the Stake Presidency.  He's another awesome person.  Like, totally awesome.  There's no other way to describe it.))  But yeah.  They're still totally open to having the discussions, and Will seems genuinely interested in learning.  They're a really sweet couple-- you can really tell that they are really doing their best to make their marriage work, and that they love and care for their little kids (whose names and ages escape me at the moment-- but they're both nursery age.)  I'm really excited for them.

We also went to the Puccios and showed them the Restoration video.  Brother Puccio enjoyed it so much that he had us watch it again with him!  And then he watched it 5 more times after we left!  And on top of that, he's already been studying the Book of Mormon and is in Mormon!  So, we did that on Friday, and then went and visited them again on Sunday.  When we asked him what he thought of the video, he said "Honestly, I don't know if it's all true, but I don't see why it couldn't be true."  And then he told us that his only big hang up was how Moroni took the plates and we don't know where they are!  It was a bitter sweet moment!  We were like "Yay!  Only one hangup!.... No!  It's one that has to be dealt with in faith!.... Yay!  Thank goodness he understands the concept of faith!"  Anyways, we're going to start officially teaching them the lessons on Wednesday, which I'm super excited for.  And it means that Nancy's friend, Sister Saxton, should be able to join us for their lessons.  But we told them we'd still pop by for chit-chats in between the lessons.  I just love being at their house!  There is already a strong spirit within their home, because they really want to live a Christ-centered life.  I can just imagine how much stronger the Spirit will be when they accept the Gospel and Dan can have the preisthood.  Yeah, love the Puccios.  We've even took on the habit of calling them Grandma and Grandpa.  They're like, our adoptive grandparents for while we're out here.  How can we not call them our grandparents?!  When Dan prays for us before he leaves, he calls us "my girls".  And Sis Puccio offered to go buy us anything we need at Deseret Book since we can't go there ourselves. I'm sorry-- I keep calling them different names.  They just make me so excited and I just love them so much!  But really-- how can you not love them?  We can just see them going to the temple, dressed all in white, getting ready to be sealed.  We want to see Grandpa Puccio become a temple president, or a patriarch, or an area 70, or something like that.  And we want to see Sis Puccio be like, the Relief Society President for the stake.  Anyways, Brother/Grandpa Dan Puccio and Sister/Grandma Nancy Puccio are totally golden.  And we want to see them reach that higher plane of their relationship with Christ.  SO BAD we want to see them reach that.

Other than that there isn't much going on..... we might have to drop Mary sadly due to the fact that she's spending a lot of time in Boise and are unable to reach her... I just hope that all is okay with her, and that if we do end up having to drop her, that someone else will be able to pick her up again later.  I really don't want to drop her, but the situation is presenting itself other wise. :(

But other than that, all is going well!

Don't forget!  Psalms 112:4!  Be that light!

Oh, and I've been studying Joseph Smith's account this past week.  Can I say, there is such a strong spirit within his words?  I have never noticed how strong, how powerful his words were.  Reading Joseph Smith-History has really helped strengthen and solidify my testimony of Joseph Smith, of how he was called of God in the pre-mortal life to bring Christ's church back to the earth, how he saw a vision of God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, and how he was truly an instrument in the Lords hands.  It is truly incredible.  Again, it makes me so grateful to be out here on a mission.  It makes me grateful and humble to progress the work that Joseph Smith brought back to the earth, to bring that knowledge and light to others.  I love it out here.  I love serving my Heavenly Father.  And I would not trade this experience for anything.

I love you all, and hope you're doing well!

Love,


Sister Empey



(.... yeah.... only in Emmett will you find graffiti that says "God Bless and He cares".... I love it.  This is more than likely my favorite spot in Emmett.  Just sayin'.)









So, check out the view from the edge of town


Isn't it pretty?  I love it here. :)







And one last picture for the road.... 

Sun is in our eyes, but we're happy. :)

Love you! And miss you!  Keep doing good!

Love,

Sister Empey



No comments:

Post a Comment