Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feb 10. 2014 - The weird slow/fast week

In same ways, it feels like this week lasted an eternity.  In other ways, I can't believe this week is already over.

I don't feel like there is a ton to say this week....

Mary got her teeth in finally!  And as far as we know, she has not been smoking since last Tuesday!  So it's almost been a week since she last smoked!  YES!  However, she's been in a bit of pain because of it, and so she didn't come to church this week.  It's sad, but we don't feel like she's blowing us off or anything, so... we're just going to keep pushing forward with her.

And Dorian and Traden Curtis came to church this week!  Yes!  Which means......

BAPTISMS THIS SATURDAY FOR BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously cannot wait for the baptisms.  I'm so proud of both of them!

And..... yeah.  I went on my first set of splits this week.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  It was actually beneficial.  We were able to meet up with some of the less-actives we don't visit, and found someone new to visit and possibly reactivate.  I haven't met her yet (Sis. Robinson and Sis. Caroll were the ones that contacted her), but I'll probably meet her this week.  I'm super excited!

And that's it.  It doesn't seem like we did a lot this week, but we got 30 lessons in.  30 lessons!  How crazy is that?!  And this is like, all of our visits and stuff.  So all of the investigators, less actives, and mission work we do with the ward.  I'm quite impressed.

I love this work.  I love this Gospel.  And I can't wait to continue to spread it

Love,


Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment