Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 2 in the MTC - January 2, 2014

Hello. :)

So, lots to tell!  Let's just see if I can remember everything.

We have 2 new districts in our zone, as of yesterday.  And one is an ASL district.  Do you know how AWESOME it is to watch them sign to each other over like.... food and stuff?  I'm totally fascinated by it.  I don't really know any of them yet, as they just came into the MTC yesterday, but it's just..... fantastic. :)  I hope to get to know them a little bit before I leave on Tuesday!

It was sort of sad though, because one of our districts left Monday, the one with the other trio of Sisters.  We really loved them, but they're going to be great missionaries.

So, we're getting a new counselor in the Branch Presidency for our zone, and guess who it is?  It's Brother McLay, my old Seminary teacher!  Do you know how EXCITING that is?!?!  It makes me SO happy!  It's just sort of sad that I'll only get to see him Sunday, but I'm so STOKED to get to say hello to him!  And speaking of Sunday, I'm like, actually, super excited about it, since it will be fast Sunday, and our last Sunday here.  I'm sure it will be a great testimony meeting, and the districts that are leaving (which is mine and one other district) usually sing the closing song.  We might be doing the EFY medley (if it's approved, that is), which means I'll be the only Alto for the song, which I find sort of exciting.  (The other district that's leaving is all Elders.  They're all awesome.)  And can I just say that I LOVE my District?  We're like a family; we all get along so well!  And us Sisters have no idea what we're going to do when we have to split up and be in a companionship.  We're so used to being a trio!  Seriously, last Friday, we did splits, and Sister Johnston went to the other District with Sisters.  Poor Sister Clemons and I were like, "How are we supposed to teach with just 2 of us?!"  But I love them both, and I'm so happy that we're all going to the same mission; same with the Elders.

This week has been going well.    It's kind of been interesting; in both class and in my personal studies, there have been 3 words that keep popping up: Atonement, joy, and compassion.  As I've tried to apply these three into my roleplays, lessons, and life in general, I feel a greater and stronger Spirit around me.  The Spirit here is just awe-inspiring, and I'm super grateful that I was given the opportunity to spend three weeks here instead of just 10 or 12 days, whatever it is.  It's only really been this week where I feel like, yes, I may be inadequate, but the Lord will make me an adequate instrument in his hands.

However, despite my time in the MTC, I'm SO excited to be heading out to Nampa next Tuesday!.... even if I'm not so excited for the riding a plane part of the journey.  And the fact that I'm getting up at 4 in the morning to go. (How gross is that?)  So..... just so you know.... there may not be an email next week.... I'm not totally sure how that's going to work out.  But that's okay!  I'm just super excited to get out there and invite others to Christ!  AHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, my brain feels SO scattered right now.

Ooh!  I saw Adam at the MTC.  he's working in the cafeteria.  I also saw Scott James from high school; he's teaching Portuguese here.  I've seen a girl from Institute (whose name currently slips me), and another girl from high school.  It's crazy how many people I know here.  It's just a little weird sometimes; everyone in my district sees missionaries they know, and I'm all like ".... I know the workers."  Makes me feel a little old sometimes.  and way too local.  But it's still fun.

And there's another Empey serving here right now!  I just met him the other day, and he's serving in South Korea!  I'm so jealous!  But it's okay, I know that I'm supposed to go to Nampa, Idaho, so that jealousy isn't like... bad?  I dunno.  Anyways, it was pretty sweet.  We don't quite know how we're related though, other than knowing it's through the Empey line.  Maybe we'll figure out if we run into each other again (which I highly doubt.)

And...... that's all I can think of for now.  I love you all!  I know that I'm here, in the right place, at the right time, serving Heavenly Father how I need to serve Him.  I'm SO grateful for this opportunity, and I WILL see it to the end!

And..... yeah.  I think that's it.  I can't think of anything else.  Loves and hugs!  I'm really am doing great.  There's been a couple of times I've felt a little overwhelmed, but between prayer, lavender, a freaking awesome district, and loving companions I'm doing well.  Have I mentioned how much I love my companions?  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!

Okay, I'm seriously going to finish up now.  Love you and miss you, and I'll be seeing you before you know it. :)

Love, Sister Empey


No comments:

Post a Comment